Digital Rack Mixer for Installed and Live Sound Applications with 40 Input Channels and 25 Mix Buses
- 40-input channel, 25-bus, 1U rackmountable digital mixing core for live and installed sound application
- 25 time-aligned and phase-coherent mix buses
- AES50 networking allows up to 96 inputs and 96 outputs
- Open architecture allows for future 96 kHz operation
- High-performance aluminium and high-impact steel structure
- 40 bit floating point digital signal processing
- 8 DCA and 6 mute groups
- 8 digital signal processing effects engines
- 32 x 32 channel USB 2.0 audio interface
- Built-in expansion port for audio interface cards or digital networking bridges
- MIDI In/Out for remote scene recall or controlling other MIDI equipment
- Optional wireless remote control with MIDAS Apps for iPhone* and iPad*
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in England
The 40-input, 25-bus M32C takes the brain of the flagship M32 Digital Mixing Console and packs it all into a high-performance aluminium and steel 1U form factor. Combine the M32C with our DL16 or DL32 Stage Boxes to effortlessly run sound with high I/O counts in multiple remote locations. Dual AES50 networking CAT5 connectors allow for up to 96 remote inputs and 48 output channels to be controlled from and processed by the M32C. All of this can be managed concurrently from various locations and instances via our free remote control software applications, M32-EDIT, M32-MIX, and M32-Q.
Above all, M32C is designed to put the power of digital in your hands, without compromise. MIDAS’ singular focus on a matchless value proposition means M32C integrates advanced features such as integrated personal monitor mixing and true high-speed digital audio networking as standard features.
Built for Tomorrow
The M32C is built for today, and tomorrow – its future-proof 40-bit floating-point open architecture design, with built-in low-latency audio networking and industry-leading MIDAS I/O boxes ensure outstanding state-of-the-art audio performance.
“Acoustic Integration” - the Live Sound Revolution
Legendary 40-year old British company TURBOSOUND, famous for producing some of the world’s best speaker systems, have teamed up with MIDAS to seamlessly integrate mixer and speaker systems. We call it “Acoustic Integration”.
The M32C’s ULTRANET bus allows streaming up to 16 channels of pristine digital audio to an array of TURBOSOUND iQ speakers – all on a single CAT5 cable, along with control data to set sound presets remotely.
Furthermore, iQ Series loudspeakers feature “True Physical Modelling” of some of the most popular speakers, which can be easily remote controlled via the M32C, allowing the sound engineer to apply different speaker models in real time from the comfort of the mixing desk.
“Acoustic Integration” is the next live sound revolution.
100-Band RTA for all Channel/Bus EQs
The M32C includes a 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) with full Bar and Spectrograph views on the M32-EDIT control application. This high-resolution RTA displays the audio energy distribution in 100 frequency bands over time - capturing a sonogram window of a full 10 seconds.
Switch between the Large RTA view, displaying any available signal in full screen resolution, or the Combined view with the RTA view shown above each of the channel and bus EQ curves.
See the results of your filtering choices in the audio spectrum directly. Additionally, the RTA can be displayed on top of the 31-band graphic EQs in the FX rack.
Monitoring and controlling frequencies has never been easier!
What are AES50 and SuperMAC?
AES50 simultaneously provides high channel counts, extremely low and deterministic latencies, accurate phase-aligned networked clock distribution, error detection, network redundancy, with simple deployment and ease of use to meet the needs of the live performance industry.
This unique combination also benefits both live and studio recording applications, as well as post-production, broadcasting and audio routing infrastructure. SuperMAC is a proprietary implementation of AES50 owned by KLARK TEKNIK. Originally developed by Sony Pro-Audio Labs in Oxford, UK, it forms the basis of the Audio Engineering Society’s AES50 open standard for digital audio networking – High Resolution Multi-channel Audio Interconnection (HRMAI), as published by the Audio Engineering Society, Inc.
- 48 bidirectional audio channels @ 48 kHz over Neutrik etherCON-terminated shielded (STP) CAT5 cable (max. length 100 meters / 328 feet)
- Single cable duplex interconnection for audio and sample clocks
- Ethernet physical layer audio data transmission
- High channel count and ultra-low deterministic latency (2x3 samples = 1/8 ms per node)
- Accurate phase-aligned clock distribution
- Comprehensive error detection and management
- Provision for redundant networking
- Minimal configuration - total ease of deployment and use
- Ethernet TCP/IP protocol-compatible auxiliary data channel
*iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc. All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Group. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components. Warranty details can be found at music-group.com.