Classic Tube Equaliser with Switchable Frequency Selection, Variable Bandwidth and Custom-Built MIDAS Transformers
- Single-channel, two-band equaliser based on the classic Pultec* EQP-1A
- Class A, all discrete circuitry for highest signal integrity
- Premium selection 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes
- Custom-built MIDAS input and output transformers
- Switchable frequency selectors with up to 7 frequency points
- Independent boost and cut controls provide immense creative potential
- Variable bandwidth control for wide sound sculpting
- Inductor based equaliser section
- Bypass feature allows for A/B comparison
- Transformer balanced inputs and outputs on Neutrik* XLR connectors
- Rugged 2U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
If ever there is an official “Audio Technology Hall of Fame”, it will definitely include a shrine to the legendary Pultec EQP-1A. We pay homage to this audio-processing pioneer that has graced so many recordings, with our EQP-KT Classic Tube Equaliser. And while vintage Pultec units are extremely rare and expensive, the EQP-KT is amazingly affordable – and designed for the 21st Century. Mastering quality equalisation, at a price point that makes the EQP-KT equally at home in your studio – and your live rack!
Building on a Classic
The EQP-KT draws inspiration from the legendary Pultec EQP-1A equaliser, which was first produced in the early 1950s. Since then, Pultec equalisers have been prized for their smooth musical sound, and audio engineers have utilised them at all stages of the recording process – from tracking to mastering.
A Class Act
At the heart of the EQP-KT is a vintage Class-A circuit design constructed from the highest-quality discrete components – all of which meet or exceed the Pultec EQP-1A’s original specifications. This is just one of the many ways the EQP-KT brings unparalleled precision and superb signal integrity into the new audio age.
The Warm Sound of Tubes
EQP-KT owes its characteristic warmth to a set of premium, hand-selected 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes. This time-tested combination provides ultra low-noise analog output with the ideal balance of tight, warm bass, silky-smooth midrange and brilliant, airy treble.
MIDAS – The Legend in Sound Quality
Ever since its formation in the 1970s, MIDAS has had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations worldwide, legendary MIDAS consoles such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 quickly became industry standards.
MIDAS has earned an impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach for audio and build-quality, and in particular for their Award-winning Mic Preamps, considered by experts as the industry’s best-sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of Award-winning audio quality.
KLARK TEKNIK is proud to incorporate custom-designed MIDAS Input and Output transformers in the EQP-KT for the ultimate in high-quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments. Find out more about MIDAS’ amazing legacy by visiting their extensive website.
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Group. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components. Warranty details can be found at music-group.com.