AES50 to USB 2.0 Converter with up to 48 Bidirectional Channels
- AES50 to USB 2.0 converter for simultaneous computer audio recording and playback
- Up to 48 bidirectional channels @ 48 kHz and 24 bidirectional channels @ 96 kHz
- Ethernet control port provides interface to AES50 auxiliary data channel
- Switchable 48 kHz and 96 kHz sample rate operation
- Operates from incoming AES50 clock
- Powered via USB 2.0 interface
- Native Core Audio* driver support in Mac OS X*, software drivers available for Windows* PC
- LED indicators monitor network activity and speed
- Compact and rugged design with durable aluminium extrusion casing
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The DN9630 greatly simplifies the connection of computers to AES50 audio networks to provide simultaneous multi-channel computer audio recording and playback, making it ideal for use with MIDAS digital consoles and other AES50 equipped products. The single USB 2.0 interface connects directly to a Windows* PC or Apple* Mac and features a very high channel count, offering up to 48 bidirectional channels at 48 kHz and 24 bidirectional channels at 96 kHz sample rates.
Digital Audio Networking
Our SuperMAC (AES50-Compliant) digital audio networking technology simultaneously provides: high channel counts; ultra low and deterministic latencies; sample-synchronous and phase-aligned networked clock distribution; error detection and correction; network redundancy; and ease of deployment and use – to meet the demanding requirements of live concert touring. The DN9630 is fully compatible with all MIDAS digital consoles, audio system engines, digital I/O units, as well as all other AES50-equipped devices.
Ethernet Control Data Port
DN9630 provides a separate RJ-45 port which serves as an external interface for the bidirectional AES50 auxiliary data channel. This dedicated and user-transparent 5 Mbit/s fixed bandwidth data link allows remote control and metering of connected AES50 devices via standard Ethernet communication – without impacting the performance of the multi-channel AES50 audio connection.
Dual Sample Rate Support
A dedicated slide switch is provided for either 48 or 96 kHz sample rates, allowing the DN9630 to work with either AES50 network’s incoming source clock for flawless synchronization.
Operating power for the DN9630 is provided by the host computer’s USB 2.0 port via a single USB cable that simplifies set up – and helps keep your workspace clutter-free.
*Mac and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc. Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All third-party trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Tribe. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components. Warranty details can be found at musictri.be.